Would you like to work for the number-one hospital in New Jersey?
A leading not-for-profit health care organization and regional perinatal center in northern New Jersey is currently seeking Neonatal Nurse Practitioners to help staff its busy, 48-bed, Level III NICU. The medical center is the state's largest and busiest.
As a state-designated children's hospital, the facility provides comprehensive medical and surgical pediatric care in more than 30 specialties, all integrated within a state-of-the-art child-focused facility.
About the NNP role & NICU:
- The NNP role involves transport and high-risk delivery attendance.
- The NNPs will work on a team that remains with the patient throughout their stay.
- Rotating 12-hour shifts. Weekend rotation and some holiday coverage required.
- The NICU has about 900 admissions/year. Approximately 80 newborns weigh less than 1,500 grams (approximately 3lbs., 5oz.).
- An array of services including neonatal transport, hyper alimentation (intravenous nutrition), mechanical ventilation, high-frequency oscillation, body cooling for newborns and inhaled nitric oxide are provided.
- MSN and NCC certification required.
- Viable candidates MUST have a strong Level III NICU nursing background, as this is a fast-paced, high-volume unit.
- Candidates who have existing NJ licensure are preferred.