AbsoluteCARE is seeking an experienced Psych Nurse Practitioner to provide comprehensive care as an integral member of our Ambulatory ICU multidisciplinary team. The Psych Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for excellence in care delivery through counseling and effective medication therapy management.
AbsoluteCARE is a progressive healthcare company and recognizes that success begins with caring. Our approach is personal, collaborative and based on relationship building. Our mission is to cultivate a true partnership with the patient and their family, supported by an extensive care team, working together to achieve improved health outcomes.
* Promotion of AbsoluteCARE philosophy and mission to question the status que of how health care is delivered and ensure the highest level of care to the most vulnerable patients.
* Effectively diagnosis, counsel and provide psychiatric medication therapy management in person as well as via telemedicine.
* Obtains extensive histories and performs a complete or problem focused behavioral health or mental status exam.
* Timely and accurate documentation of findings, formulating a plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
* Orders and/or performs, evaluates, interprets and integrates findings of diagnostic tests and procedures.
* Maintains accurate medical records according to established standards and documents in a systematic, accurate and succinct format. Reviews records with supervisory physician on a routine basis.
* Maintain open lines of communication with other members of the patient’s care team.
* Prescribe medications following office policy, formulary and relevant state regulations.
* Monitoring the results of medicated and non-medicated treatments.
* Counsel patients about possible side effects, drug regimens or interactions with other substances.
* Detect and respond to adverse drug reactions.
* Work with the families of the patients to ensure optimal support.
* Provide appropriate referrals to specialized health resources for treatment.
* Practice utilizing best practices of evidence-based medicine, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
* Educate patients and family members about self-management of mental health illnesses.
* Ensure that patients receive effective substance abuse treatment and crisis intervention.
* Collaborate with team members and patients to establish effective care plans, ensure care coordination, and strategies to aid patients in behavior change.
* Compliance with all policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines, as well as adherence to and compliance with all legislation, regulation, rules and procedures related to the delivery of care, confidentiality, and ethics.
* Participates in continuing education and/or continuing medical education as required by licensing body and medical staff bylaws.
* Master of Science in Nursing, Psych NP Specialty
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with vulnerable populations;
* Currently licensed in the state of Maryland, and willing to obtain licensure in additional state(s);
* Experience in substance abuse treatment preferred;
* Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team;
* Effective written and verbal communication skills;
* Innovative problem solver;
* Ability to effectively use technology