Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Position – MedStar Harbor Hospital
MedStar Harbor Hospital, a proud member of MedStar Health, is a mainstay in the Baltimore community, serving patients from Baltimore City, and Anne Arundel, Baltimore and Howard counties. We currently have a full time opening for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to work in our level II NICU division/area. Our NICU has a bed capacity of thirteen beds and averages about four - six for its daily census in an OB unit that approaches 1300 deliveries/year. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that’s right for you. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership— as a clinician and healthcare expert.
This position offers you the opportunity to practice with the dedicated, highly trained and caring hands of our expert neonatologists and Neonatal Care Unit staff while caring for babies that are premature or full-term with special needs.
As a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner at MedStar Harbor Hospital, you can expect:
- A flexible night/weekend schedule
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
General Summary of Position
Assumes medical care of specific patients under the direction of physician. Uses the nursing process as a framework for management client care as well as following established nursing standards, procedures, and practices. Follows established medical practice standards, procedures, and practices; gives specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff.
- EDUCATION: Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner program approved by the Maryland State Board Examiners of Nurses.
- EXPERIENCE: 2 years NICU nursing experience.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: Registration with the Maryland State Board Examiners of Nurses.
- SKILLS: Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as an educator by teaching parents, families and other health team members on a formal and informal basis.
- Develops patient care management plans under the direction of the Neonatologist and/or pediatric consultant and in collaboration with nursing and social services. Participates in consultation requests from residents and private pediatricians.
- Facilitates ongoing communication among the parents, Neonatalogists, attending physicians, residents, nurses, and social workers in regard to patient management plans.
- In the absence of Neonatologist or in-house pediatric consultant, attends high-risk deliveries and manages resuscitation and stabilization of newborns.
- Performs case management duties in the NICU, including arranging transfer to alternate facilities depending on level of care, coordination of any durable medical equipment needs for NICU infants at the time of discharge, utilization review activities including daily collection and documentation of patient acuity information, and interaction with multiple insurance company utilization review departments. Establishment and coordination of home healthcare professionals post-discharge.
- Signs in/out rounds, work rounds and social rounds, carries out physical exam orders for all NICU Nursery infants regular and unplanned procedures, documents plans for non-Neonatologist patients, and discharges summary documentation.
Be the Nurse Practitioner you were meant to be, here at MedStar Harbor Hospital. To learn more about this position or to apply, please send a CV to Nicole Whaley at (register or log in to show contact information).