PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Join a well established community health system located in northern Maine.
- This patient centered medical home committed to meeting the healthcare needs and overall well being of the local community
- Be part of a well-rounded team who are always there with support if needed.
- This accredited HRSA health center is a recognized practice by the National Association for Quality Assurance
- This position is located in a beautiful area of Maine that offers the opportunity for year round outdoor activities.
- Mountains for hiking and skiing and lakes and streams make this area an outdoor marvel
- This community offers a lifestyle that many would like, but few have.
- Excellent benefits including relocation
- Competitive compensation plan.
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Perform comprehensive psychiatric evaluations for numerous patients diagnosed with a variety of behavioral issues
- Provide medication management, psychotherapy and patient education
- Interact with all age groups and provide comprehensive psychiatric care to all patients
- Familiarity with substance abuse treatment
- Provide psychiatric follow up with patients
- Must be a graduate of Accredited Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
- Board certification
- MUST have a minimum of 2 years experience as PMHNP