Family Medicine / Urgent Care NP – Philadelphia, PA
Looking for a licensed Nurse Practitioner in the state of Pennsylvania. Experience with patients who have multiple chronic medical conditions, i.e. CHF, COPD/Asthma, HTN, Diabetes, Chronic Renal Failure…
- Able to work in a team environment (with social work, case management, behavioral health, pharmacy, nutrition, etc.), process feedback, and be open to discussing and implementing plans of care from other members of the team. Work well with a supervising physician.
- Develop strong transitional care plans and able to help keep track of paneled patients along the whole continuum of care including discharges from the hospital, ER, skilled nursing facilities/nursing homes, and home care
- Treatment of some acute exacerbations of chronic conditions within the AbsoluteCARE center, i.e. Lasix for CHF, IVF for Dehydration/Renal Failure, IV antibiotics for various infections, Nebulizer/Solumedrol for COPD/Asthma etc.. Possess a comfort level and the knowledge to differentiate when exacerbation can be treated within AbsoluteCARE and when a higher level of care needed. These treatments will involve collaboration and oversight with a supervising physician.
- Focuses on the management and improvement of health for patients with multiple chronic medical conditions. Manage a panel of approximately 200 to 250 chronic care ambulatory patients in an office based setting. Work with 2 to 3 case managers and one medical assistant on the same team, supporting the care of these patients. Patients are all adult with an occasional adolescent.
- Understands the PCMH model of care as pertains to specialist care, only utilizes this higher level of care as needed, and not a substitute for primary care using evidence based clinical skills
ASAP Start Date