Cardiothoracic Critical Care Physician Assistant
High Profile Hospital System is seeking an experienced critical care physician assistant to care for cardiothoracic critical care patients! Will consider critical care candidates of any specialty! This is a very high acuity cardiac surgery department. Candidates will work ONLY three 12 hour shifts per week! This is an EXCELLENT QUALITY of life schedule! There is NO- ON-CALL! Candidate will work a flex schedule incorporating a rotation of days/nights. Overtime is offered over 40 hours per week!!
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. Provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, which range from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
2. Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
3. Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
4. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
5. Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
6. Maintains accurate and complete patient records. Develops and implements patient management plans, records procedure and progress notes and discharge summaries, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
7. Maintains a safe and clean work environment by ensuring compliance with infection-control policies and protocols and other safety procedures and regulations.
8. Develops and provides education related to pre and post-operative evaluation and treatment plans.
9. Provide oversight of all surgical cases related to scheduling and medical clearance
10. Provides assistance to physicians during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
11. May prescribe medication.
12. Performs other related duties
Job Updated: 08/30/16
RE: PAJobSite.com Job 17810790
1720 SW 5th Street
Ft. Lauderdale FL 33312