Orthopaedic Surgeon with a very successful general practice seeks to add another full-time Physician Assistant. This position includes both the OR and the clinic. This practice consists of joint replacement surgery, shoulder reconstruction and repair, shoulder and knee arthroscopy, hand and upper extremity surgery and fracture treatment. The doctor is trained on the most advanced minimally invasive procedures. The doctor will consider either an experienced Orthopaedic PA or will train a very bright and motivated beginner that has a strong desire to be in orthopaedics. The candidate must be very detail-oriented, a quick thinker and work well in a fast-paced environment. The practice has their own PT Center and EMR. Responsibilities include:
- Surgical first assist
- Perform joint aspiration and injections
- Initial evaluations and pre-op H&P's
- Post-op and follow-up with patient
- Provide call coverage (moderate and shared call with physician)
- Hospital rounds on post-op patients (some weekends)
- Run a parallel ortho clinic
- Evaluate X-ray, CT scan and MRI
- Coordinate with in-house physical therapist and athletic trainers. They see athletes from several schools.
The location is within the Beaumont area around 90 minutes to Houston. They prefer someone that is familiar with Texas or has ties to the area. There is a strong compensation and benefits package.