Physician Assistant-Pain Clinic
Sterling Medical is currently seeking a Pain PA for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to support inpatient and outpatient Pain Services as apart of the Integrated Anesthesia Department.
Scheduled is Mon-Fri 6:30AM-5:30PM, for 8.5 hours per days. No on-call, no nights, no weekends
Excellent Compensation, Paid vacation, Benefits, ect.
Education: Education Graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or its predecessors as long as the license has been
(1) Certification: Be board certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA),(2) Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number and maintain a current, active, valid, unrestricted state license to practice
medicine in one of the 50 states in the United States, or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, as required to obtain or renew a DEA registration number under the
then-effective DEA rules. In this case, a Maryland state license is required.
(3) Possess Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PAL) certifications.
(1) Have minimum of one (1) year of full-time inpatient/outpatient experience within the last three (3) years.
(2) Have prior experience in evaluating and treating patients with chronic pain conditions.
(3) Have experience in using pain clinical practice guidelines to provide pain care to patients with acute and
(4) Have experience in working in a multidisciplinary environment with a focus on optimizing pain management inpatients with chronic pain from multi-trauma events, including those with traumatic brain injury (TBI).
(5) Have experience in developing educational modules for Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, patients, and families.
(6) Have experience in leading disease management sessions to help patients cope with chronic pain or other chronic diseases.
(7) Possess exemplary customer service and communication skills; communicating efficiently with interdisciplinary team.
(8) Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office, electronic health records (EHR); knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing and data entry.
(9) Possess knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and treatment of Chronic and Acute Pain.
(10) Be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to
continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
(11) Be flexible and possess the ability to adapt to change; be a creative problem solver.
(12) Be committed to providing quality services.
Job Updated: 09/20/17