Physician Assistant - Trauma
Under the supervision of the surgeon, to perform all aspects of clinical care related to the management of trauma patients. Specifically, the physician assistant (PA) will perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures related to the acute management of the traumatically injured. In addition, the daily routine management of patients including patient follow-up, physical exams, interpretation of diagnostic testing, and disposition planning with the trauma multidisciplinary team. The PA will be a patient advocate by acting as a liaison between nursing staff, respiratory therapist, case managers, social workers, dieticians and the trauma surgeons.
- Interviews patients to obtain medical histories,
- Participate in the trauma evaluations in the ED,
- Performs physical examinations,
- Orders specified diagnostic tests,
- Diagnoses and prescribes treatment for common illnesses,
- Performs screening or diagnostic procedures,
- Educates patients about common medical, social and psychological conditions.
- Provides well baby and child services, such as assessment of growth and development and recognition of abnormal states of health in infants and children or adult health care; scope of practice may include pre- and post-natal care.
- Assesses patient needs and modifies treatment plans as indicated within the scope of his/her practice.
- Responds to all trauma alerts including the non-alert consultations
- Assist the surgeon with organizing operating room schedules including first assisting during procedures. In addition, facilitating blood product availability from the blood bank.
- Assist the trauma surgeon in the surgical intensive care unit, surgical wards, clinic, and in the operating room.
- Performs other related services under supervision of a licensed physician, as permitted by standardized protocols and within the scope of his/her licensure.
- Dependent upon area of practice or department assignments, demonstrates clinical knowledge and skill in the care of the newborn, infant, toddler, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient ranging up to 100+ years of age.
Job Posted: 12/27/17
RE: PAJobSite.com Job 19810903
1700 Mt. Vernon Ave,
Bakersfield CA 93306