We are searching for a reliable and energetic Medical Assistant to perform various office and clinical duties for our busy pain management practice. Located in Koloa, The Spine and Pain Center of Kauai is part of a larger medical group located in California. We currently have one Pain Management Physician and focus on interventional pain management and rehabilitation. Our Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare providers to collect test samples, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Helping patients by providing information and assistance. Securing medical records, maintaining medical supplies inventory, verifying patient information and recording medical history.
- The MA prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Schedules procedures by verifying times with patients; obtaining prior authorizations, and surgical consent forms.
- You will support the doctor and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management.
- Qualified candidates should have experience with electronic medical records and obtaining prior authorizations.
- Experience: 2 years
- License or certification: Certified Medical Assistant
- Language: English
- A person who is already on island with strong ties to the community is highly preferred.
Job Updated: 02/05/18
RE: PAJobSite.com Job 19950773
3416 Valle Verde Drive
Napa CA 94558