Cardiovascular Surgeon needs Physician Assistant- PA-C in Indiana 45 minutes from downtown Chicago
A facility 30-minutes from Gary, Indiana is in need of a Locum Physicians Assistant to help with coverage through the end of the year. Privileges will take about 4-6 weeks with the possibility of temporary privileges to meet start date. If you would like to know more or know of any colleagues who would be a good fit, let me know. We offer a lucrative referral bonus.
- 4-8 months starting October 2
- Day shift with evening & weekend call, Mon-Fri 7:00am - 4:00pm
- 90% Inpatient
- Clinic, Rounding and Beeper Night Call required
- No more than 3 patients per day
- EMR: EPIC
- Privileging takes 4-6 weeks
- Procedures required: Open Heart Surgery (CABG and Valves) Vein Harvesting, 1st Assist
- Surgical Assist – including endoscopic or open saphenous vein harvest.
- Ability to perform a medical assessment and formulate/implement a plan of care.
- Perform pre and post-operative patient and family education.
- Prescribe medication, including controlled substances in accordance with the written practice agreement and or protocol of the supervising physician.
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiographic studies.
- Performs postoperative incisional care including dressing changes.
- Performs removal of chest tubes, central lines, temporary pacemaker wires, sutures, staples and surgical drains.
- Assist the physician with the removal of Intra-Aortic balloon pump.
Job Updated: 02/28/18
RE: PAJobSite.com Job
10150 S Centennial Parkway, Suite 120
SANDY UT 84070