Advanced Practice Practitioner
Complete Care is searching for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to become a part of our Urgent Care facility in Austin, TX. This position is PRN weekdays. The Advanced Practice Practitioner will serve as an integral component of the medical team and provide primary care, including evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment, of patients and recovery in accordance with all Texas state laws and regulations and company policies.
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Prescribe medications as allowed by practice agreement with supervising physician.
- Provide direct care to patients, focusing on health promotion and treatment of acute and chronic illness needs.
- Educate patients regarding condition, treatment, and possible outcomes.
- Examine patients; recommend treatment; prescribe medications; order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests.
- Requests necessary tests and follow-up visits
- Maintains and updates patient records.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Direct, coordinate or supervise the patient care activities of the clinical and support staff.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining excellent patient care and customer service
- Effective team player
Job Updated: 04/11/18