Physician Assistant - Orthopaedic
Permanent - Full Time
$100,000 to $120,000
Physician Assistant - Orthopaedic (PA-C Ortho)
Located at Eglin AFB in Destin, FL
Duration:1 to 5 year contract
Hours: Monday through Friday 0700-1600
- Physician Assistant shall provide patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness. Collaborates with staff, facility departments, and outside agencies to determine the best, most cost efficient care.
- CLINIC SUPPORT. The Physician Assistant shall provide support to clinics as requested by the Flight or MTF commander to ensure access standards are met during deployments, unscheduled absences or when limited staffing dictates.
- INPATIENT SUPPORT. The Physician Assistant shall provide in-patient care as stated in section 1 of this Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- OTHER SUPPORT. The Physician Assistant shall provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency/urgent patient problems as they occur. They will refer patients to the Emergency Department as indicated
- The Physician Assistant shall perform a full range and spectrum of comprehensive specialty care on site at the MTF. Workload includes the evaluation and treatment of emergent, urgent, and nonemergent patients ranging in age from infants to over 65 years.
- The Physician Assistant’s actual clinical activity will be a function of the Commander/Commanding Officer’s clinical privileging process and the overall demand for primary care.
- The Physician Assistant is responsible for a full range of appropriate examinations, delivery of service within the personnel and equipment capabilities of the MTF, provision of mandated medical surveillance and preventive services and the quality office of the 96 MDG and the Medical Director.
- The Physician Assistant’s productivity, in terms of patients seen per clinic day and operative case load, is expected to be comparable to that of the other civilian and military Physician Assistant assigned to the same facility and authorized the same scope of practice
- The Physician Assistant will see new patient consults and established follow-up clinic visits. The provider is expected to respond to telephone consults as well.
- The Physician Assistant will address patient expectations and requirements, established level of need and priority of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provides for ongoing education programs to promote, protect, and maintain optimum levels of wellness. Provides health counseling to clients and their families, and develops a plan for health maintenance based on individual needs.
- Must be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician extender under supervision of a physician.
- License. The PA shall have and maintain a valid unrestricted current license as a Licensed PA provider in one of the 50 states. All licenses must be unencumbered and remain in effect during contract employment.
- Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required.
- Experience. The PA shall have actively engaged in the practice of medicine, or been in a recognized sub specialty training program, a minimum of 24 of the previous 36 months.
- Also experience is mandatory in providing primary medical care under the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
- Orthopeadic physician assistant shall have provided orthopedic care 24 out of the last 36 months.
- The Orthopedic PA will assume on call duty 4 to 5 days a month for orthopedic emergency room, inpatient, and outpatient consultations during the call period.
- The Orthopedic PA will hold the beeper for orthopedic emergency room, inpatient, and outpatient consultations during the call period. . When required, to ensure completion of services, the PA shall remain on duty in excess of their scheduled shift. (Requires validation by the FRED).
- For unscheduled absences, the contract employee shall notify the section within one (1) hour of the scheduled reporting time.
Job Updated: 05/11/18