Director of the Physician Assistant Program
San Antonio TX
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a full-time Director of the Physician Assistant Program to work at our client site San Antonio TX. This is an excellent opportunity to join a collegian environment and work closely with experienced practitioners to educate and inspire future Physician Assistants.
- Lead the development, management, implementation and evaluation of the PAS program.
- Lead the PAS program through full accreditation process, coordinating these efforts with the Dean and other relevant administrators, faculty and staff.
- Supervise and evaluate the medical director, faculty and staff in all activities relating directly to the PAS program.
- Assist the Dean in preparing and managing the department budget.
- Develop clinical affiliations in coordination with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs of the SOM.
- Oversee the admissions process for prospective students.
- Recruit qualified faculty for both didactic and clinical teaching and make recommendations to the Dean for full-time faculty hires.
- Promote excellence in classroom/clinical teaching and scholarship.
- Engage regularly with students/student representatives to provide participatory forum for students to voice educational issues and provide ongoing feedback.
- Teach and engage in scholarship and service.
- Coordinate program faculty, schedules and courses, and guide faculty to ensure compliance with university policies and governmental standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
InGenesis supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.
- Master’s degree as a PA
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice as a physician assistant or physician.
- Minimum of 5 years administrative experience in a leadership position including program planning and implementation, evaluation and budgeting.
- Qualified PA candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities in a PA program.
- Qualified physician assistant candidates must hold current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and meet continuing medical education requirements. They must also hold an unencumbered license to practice as a PA in the State of Texas or able to obtain a license in Texas.
- Qualified physician candidates must hold a current licensure as a physician in Texas, or have the ability to obtain one readily, and must be board certified by an AOA or ABMS approved specialty board.
- Prefer Doctoral prepared PA or physician with experience in both PA program development and ARC-PA accreditation.
- Experience in primary care preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational skills and management abilities.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence.
- Knowledgeable about regulatory and accreditation processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Exchanges information using tact and persuasion as appropriate and has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to social justice and values-driven curricula.
- Knowledgeable about budgeting, business development and strategic planning.
- Able to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.