Envision Physician Services is currently seeking an APRN to join our anesthesia team at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas. This 537-bed facility is a Level 1 Trauma center serving the needs of families in Tarrant County Hospital District.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with the physician in overseeing and coordinating the multidisciplinary care delivered to all patients, to optimize quality patient care in acute pain and pre-operative testing.
- Reviews patient medical charts to assist physician with diagnosis, treatment and care management.
- Makes appropriate patient referrals as necessary.
- Monitors guidelines for the management of care and for ensuring that the services are delivered in compliance with the guidelines established by Envision Physician Services.
- Provides education to patients and families relating medical processes, medication, nutrition, health promotion, peripheral nerve blocks, and post-operative pain management.
- Provides evidence-based and compassionate care to all patients. Help improve patient outcomes and increase patient satisfaction scores.
- Maintains a collaborative environment with providers, clinical staff, and support staff.
- Supports academic, educational and research endeavors, to include assessment of institutional protocols, guidelines, and polices.
- Attends Performance Improvement Programs and Peer Review committee meetings; and is an active participant in the process.
Required Education and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- At least 2 years of clinical experience
- Current Texas PA or APRN license
- Current BLS and ACLS
Envision offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health, dental and vision benefits, 401k with a match, and paid malpractice with tail coverage.