Offers high-tech resources, professional support, and busy and challenging patient loads in a regional medical center for a geographic area larger than some eastern states. This offers a busy and professionally challenging practice environment that includes state-of-the-art resources and professional support with an invested interest in quality care.
138 bed hospital providing a broad range of acute care services including cardiac surgery and a Level III trauma center. A newly constructed 3-story patient tower opening in November 2012 and houses a 20 bed ED, a new surgery department, 23-bed ICU, and a 40-bed Progressive Care Unit.
Our physicians are highly skilled and respected and have great relationships with colleagues. Practice environments center on patient care. Relationships between hospitals and practices are supportive and ambitious.
Over 2,000 employees and 25 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County. A leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Provides direct patient care services in the ambulatory setting; Reports to the Chief of Staff and Medical Office Administrator or Manager at the medical office site where services are provided.
1. Consistently demonstrates the ability to provide health assessment, diagnosis and treatment in the ambulatory care setting under the supervision of the supervising physician.
2. Demonstrates the ability to select medications appropriately and in accordance with pharmacy formulary.
3. Demonstrates the ability to act in the best interest of the patient by providing information to make informed decisions in their care.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to complete patient encounter forms daily with appropriate diagnosis and treatment codes. Submits patient charges daily.
5. Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand the unique needs of the of the patient in providing care in the ambulatory care setting.
6. Demonstrates appropriate clinical judgement in providing care by consulting/referring to the supervising physician, as needed.
7. Demonstrates the skills necessary to accurately code patient visits appropriately.
8. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and thorough documentation in the medical record for care provided and recommended.
9. Maintains and/or is available to meet productivity standard for number of patients seen in a timely manner.
• Education: Graduated of an accredited PA program
• Experience: Prefer 3-5 years experience in the ambulatory care setting
• Current PA license and certification by the National Commission of the Certification of Physician Assistants
• Training: Graduate of the accredited Physician Assistant Program
• License / Certification: As above; Basic Life Support (CPR), DEA