Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell) and the Capital Health - Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
Examines, diagnoses and treats patients under the supervision of licensed physician. Prepares casts or splints, sutures small wounds and interprets medical tests. Prescribes medications as needed. Serves as the first line of medical care as required. Refers patients to a medical doctor or makes arrangements for transferring the patient to a hospital or clinic.
- Performs histories and physical examinations, ongoing patient assessments and some critical care procedures. Participates in daily patient rounds with physicians; facilitates preoperative and postoperative patient care.
- Assists with admission work-ups and/or consults to facilitate care across the continuum.
- Initiates, monitors, alters and orders treatments including, but not limited to, device placement, physical and occupational therapy, home health referral and discharge planning.
- Reevaluates the patient throughout the hospitalization and modifies plan of care as needed in collaboration with clinical staff. Completes transfer-of-care notes when transferring patients to another medical service.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age and development of the patient.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as indicated for diagnosis and management of problems.
- Completes wound assessments; initiates basic skin care orders. Orders laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies that will assist with medical management; explains the necessity, preparation and nature of and anticipates effects of treatments, diagnostics and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Participates in the hospital quality improvement process.
- Contributes to development and revision of patient care standards and policies as needed to optimize clinical practice.
- Graduate of an accredited physician assistant program approved by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- One year of experience working with primary care management or acute care preferred.
Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/165694/
Equal opportunity employer.