Community based hospital with Teaching Hospital Affiliation seeks Physician Assistant to work as a Hospitalist in this South Coastal facility. They offer an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiac, cancer, emergency, neuroscience, and women’s services
Hospitalist Physician Assistant
- Works to care for medical, surgical and critical care patients as requested.
- Performs initial evaluation and history & physical examination of all assigned patients.
- Performs in depth, systematic assessment of assigned patients, as needed, for clinical interventions.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
- Provide cost effective, high quality care based on best practice evidenced based medicine.
- Participates in the research, development, implementation, and tracking of clinical management guidelines.
- Demonstrates performance improvement in the following areas as appropriate: clinical care/outcomes, customer/service improvement, operational system/process, and safety.
- Remain current with medical records documentation and respond in a timely manner to requests for chart review and completion.
Hospitalist Physician Assistant Job Requirements
- Must have graduated from accredited PA program.
- Current NCCPA certification.
- Inpatient hospital experience.
- Four or more years experience.