Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join busy Gastroenterology practice.
Top 10 Healthcare System located in New Mexico - This city is “One of the Top Five Cities to Live”. Enjoy year-round sunshine, a relaxed Southwestern lifestyle and diverse culture.
Summary: Work with the GI physicians and PCPs to manage colo-rectal screening clinic and follow-up office visits as needed. Team consists of 16 Gastroenterology Physicians and 8 advanced practice providers. Time is split between clinic and hospital.
- Hospital rounds and outpatient clinic
- Manage colo-rectal screening clinic.
- Obtaining pertinent history, performing examinations, ordering and interpreting appropriate laboratory tests and prescribing appropriate medications and treatment
- Prescribe treatments medications and non-pharmacological therapies.
- Order, conduct and interpret appropriate diagnostic x-ray and lab tests.
- Involved in teaching and counseling individuals, families and groups.
- Work autonomously as well as collaborate with other health care providers as needed.
- Serve as health care resources, interdisciplinary consultants and patient advocate.
- Masters, Physician Assistant PA-C
- New Mexico license or eligible
- Experience - NP or PA with with either Internal Medicine or Gastro/GI background