Physician Assistant - Cardiothoracic Surgery
Orlando area hospital; 35 miles north of Orlando, 3 miles south of Eustis and 5 miles from Mount Dora
- 260+ bed hospital
- 2 Surgeons
- 2 Other PAs
- 400 hearts a year
Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant Job Summary:
- The management of cardiothoracic surgery patients, including all aspects of care including performing patient histories and daily rounds to invasive surgical procedures, including the critical retrieval of vascular tissue in coronary bypass procedures.
- First Assist duties on all adult cardiac cases; major/minor vascular cases; Valve, CABG, minimal- ECMO/VADS. Other Thoracic cases
- Performs invasive procedures, such as thoracenteses, dialysis and Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines and intra-aortic balloon pumps, etc.
- Retrieval vascular tissue
- Master's Degree - Physician Assistant
- 1+ years of experience in Cardiothoracic Surgery as a surgical first assist is required
- Must be Proficient in Vein Harvesting; EVH
- Valid Florida PA license
- PA-C certification