Excellent opportunity for an Physician Assistant working with a busy Cardiothoracic and Cardiovascular Critical care team and one of the leading Heart Transplant facilities in the Southeast.
14 shifts monthly
- Inpatient clinical position providing for critically ill adult patients with cardiac or multi-system failure.
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and external cardiac massage; airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and extubation, repositioning endotracheal tubes; directing administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols; and defibrillation according to Advanced Cardiac Life Support standards.
- Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the cardiac transplant, ventricular assist device, and ECMO patient in the OR and ICU’s.
- Requires proficiency in all aspects of ICU care and management
Competitive salary based on your experience. Benefits include relocation package, CME allowance, 403b retirement and health, dental, life insurance.
Orlando is a vibrant, growing city with plenty of outdoor activities to offer. It's just 90 minutes away from Tampa and 1 hour to the east coast – Cocoa Beach and Titusville. Average temperature is 82 degrees and the Sunshine state does not have state tax!
Candidate Experience Profile:
- Master’s Degree, Physician Assistant
- 1+ years’ experience in either: Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac ICU or Cardiovascular ICU considered
- Transplant, L-VAD, Circulatory Assist Device and ECMO experience preferred
- Procedures performed but not limited to: Lines, Intubations and Chest Tubes
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must want to work in a team oriented work approach
- Perform tasks efficiently and effectively and have a strong desire to work in a high volume patient setting
- Florida license or eligible