Orthopedic First Assist PA role with a Nationally recognized Surgical First Assist organization in Phoenix AZ
Email resumes to (use the Request More Information button to apply for this job)
35 hour work week- 4 to 5 days a week. No call.
- Must have experience working as a first assist
- Primary role is to perform first assist duties in surgery.
- Ability to render emergency care on operating patients.
- Perform a pre-op exam and correlate symptoms to procedure and diagnosis.
- Ability to talk to patients in pre-op and answer any questions about the surgery as well as explain your involvement.
- Performs comprehensive and problem-focused patient histories to ensure there are no special requirements for surgery.
- Aids operating surgeon/facility staff with any pre-op preferences including but not limited to radiographic studies set-up, instrumentation set-up, and patient positioning.
- Transfer/escort patients back to PACU and assess post-op condition, ensure there are no complications, and ensure that the procedure was successful.
- Assist with any clinical/management projects for the betterment of your territory/team.
- Assist with education and training initiatives
- Perform chart reviews and audits, on a weekly basis
- Present case study webinars once a quarter
- Provide support to territory manager on special projects
- Provide administrative support on non-OR days
- Provide clinical support on non-OR days
- Must have excellent computer skills specifically MS Office, Diagnostic imaging systems, and EMR
- Bachelors required for both PAs and NPs; Master’s in physician assistant
studies, Health Science or Medical Science is required for PAs.
- Must possess current state license where practicing and be nationally certified as National Commissioned Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for PAs.
- At least one year of surgical experience required.
PA license for the state of Arizona (or in process)
At least 1-3 years of surgical first-assist experience (ortho preferred)