The Nurse Practitioner (NP), as part of the Clinical Operations Team, provides clinical assessment and care to assigned patients including assessments of health plan members in their homes and in facilities. The responsibilities include: adult/geriatric assessment, medical history, physical exam, medication reconciliation, diagnosis, and health education. Additionally, patient education, communication to the PCP, follow-up facilitated with the PCP, and case management referrals may also be part of any assessment. Clear documentation according to Matrix guidelines and protocols is required. Other clinical care services may be required within the NP scope of practice. Nurse Practitioners are expected to achieve Matrix standards for quality, customer service, productivity and teamwork through participation in Risk and Quality Improvement programs, clinical meetings and other meetings as required.
This Physician Assistant job opening last updated on 04/11/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
Accurately completes Summary and Care Management Referral form.
Consistently identifies unmet needs and gaps in care, and initiates appropriate referral to health plan and outreach to PCP contacts.
Synthesizes information and easily diagnoses and creates a comprehensive plan of care.
Achieves clinical performance targets.
Accurately completes HRA and achieves target quality metric.
Achieves member satisfaction scores at Matrix target level.
Creates positive rapport and engagement with patients.
Completes target number of HRAs for full-time staff.
Participates in different roles or interdisciplinary teams as assigned. (eg. Preceptors, EDC Deputy).
Assists on special project as assigned.
Participates in client meetings as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate computer skills, including use of e-mail and Microsoft office word and excel
- Must be able to demonstrate effective written communication skills including but not limited to writing reports and correspondence
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal communication skills, including but not limited to speaking effectively to members, providers, families and staff and listening to members, providers and families
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and use time effectively and efficiently. Concentrates efforts on priorities
- Demonstrated successful experience working in an environment of change. Effectively copes with change and uncertainty; responds and “shifts gears” comfortably
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both external and internal customers, acts with customers in mind
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, and gain their trust and respect
- Uses logical methods to solve problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious for solutions
- Is action oriented and sees challenges as opportunities
Baseline Clinical Knowledge
- Proven ability to perform comprehensive, adult/geriatric physical exam
- Demonstrated ability to identify, diagnose and document chronic disease in adults
- Demonstrated ability to recognize conditions, characteristics, and behaviors that place seniors at risk
- Proven ability to pursue feedback, continuing education and professional development
- Ability to effectively reconcile medications
- Demonstrated ability to identify and document the needs of clinically complex patients
Pertinent Clinical Work Experience which is relevant to Matrix
- Nurse Practitioner 2 – Must also have: Minimum 1 year clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in geriatric, adult or family practice setting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Master’s Degree required OR commensurate experience and satisfactory completion of NP licensure
- Current RN and NP licensure in state of practice
- Board certification by AANP or ANCC, in Adult, Family Practice and Geriatrics or Adult-Gerontology Primary Care
- Current CPR certification
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities
Travel Requirements: Travel required
- Must meet company driving standards
- Must have valid state driver license and be able to drive a car
- Must meet company’s automobile liability insurance standards and provide proof of coverage
- Must be able to travel by public transportation, and airplanes
- Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations
Physical and Psychological Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting
- Requires bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, crouching, crawling and/or stretching from seated or standing positions
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate medical equipment, computer tablet, computer keyboard, telephone, copier, calculator and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust visual focus, hearing and smelling
- Must be able to communicate information via telephone or computer
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity of the job
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to observe “Universal Precautions” for blood-borne pathogens and body fluids
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to variable temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, pets, blood and other body fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The time will be split between administrative and clinical duties based on the needs of Matrix Medical Network.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
Matrix Medical Network is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Matrix Medical Network We partner with your health plan and your healthcare providers to deliver care in the convenience of your home or on a mobile health clinic in your neighborhood. We want to make sure you have the information and support you need to stay as healthy, independent and active as possible. Our licensed clinical providers will take the time to really listen to your health concerns.Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company