Physician Assistant to needed to join an Academic Hospital System on the East Side of Manhattan
M-F 9-5 role
Inpatient and outpatient duties
Salary starting at 125k
Working with the Vice Chair of the Dept - ill be doing the follow up visits, trained to administer botox (must be open if shorthanded to prepare the botox for the physicians in the dept) Headache patients - migraines, cluster headaches / SOME neurology - hand tingling, shoulder issues 1 hour visits for new patients, 30 min for follow up - can see anywhere from 7-10 patients per day PA will be introduced to new patients on the first visits for seamless handoff Admin time - triage calls, prescriptions refills, peer to peers, disability forms, when physician is out checking inbox Reviewing and prepping charts prior to physician visit
Responsible for coordination and direct patient care of patients in an outpatient setting, with some inpatient coordination. This position performs medical histories, physical exams, ECGs and other clinical care and documents all findings appropriately.
- Acts as a "physician extender" during clinical encounters in both an outpatient and inpatient setting. Provides clinical services and care in conjunction with collaborating physician.
- Coordinates care of established patients: coordinates the ongoing care of established patients ensuring that diagnostic testing and sub specialty consultations and all follow up appointments are completed on a timely basis.
- Obtains initial histories and performs physical examinations. Documents clinical findings in patient medical record. Develops and implements plan of care in conjunction with supervising physician.
- Issues prescriptions for drugs, devices and immunizations as indicated.
- Provides health education counseling to patients and families. Answers questions about disease and treatment plan.
- Responds to patient phone calls, answers questions and refers questions to physician as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a clinical and research database. Assists physician with the coordination of clinical trials.
- Prescreens and triages all new patients prior to scheduling of appointments: collects relevant medical materials including scans and records from outside hospitals and physicians.
- Coordinates the scheduling of appointments for new patients with multiple medical subspecialties; reviews and summarizes clinical information of the obtained history materials prior to the appointment; shares same with multi-specialty care team.
- Establishes and maintains educational materials; and supports programs for patients and their families.
WILLING TO TRAIN THE RIGHT NEW GRAD
This Physician Assistant job opening was originally posted on 04/25/2023 and last updated on 04/25/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
Board Certified Physician Assistant
NYS Licensed PA or in process
Experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate