A Physician Assistant in Critical Care Medicine needed to join a physician-led group dedicated to communities and hospitals providing innovative and collaborative care with an unwavering commitment to satisfaction and quality.
About the position:
- Day coverage: 1 physician, 1 APP Night Coverage: APP in the ICU; Intensivist backup by phone
- EMR: Meditech
- ICU: Open
- This position is 100% nights, 7p - 7a, with very generous compensation
- 14 shifts per block with flexibility
- Daily census of 4-8
- Physician is on call at night
- Needs all procedures, central lines, and intubation
- Responsibilities include consults, admissions and bed flow management, rapid response/codes
- Manage Critical Care patients in a busy ICU
Who we are seeking:
- Candidates with advanced practice experience in critical care medicine or surgical specialty or emergency medicine
- Candidates who can independently and confidently make medically appropriate decisions regarding the care of high-acuity patients
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program, or Master?s of Physician Assistant Studies.
- Active Massachusetts state license, American Heart Association CPR Certification, DEA License, state Controlled Substance Registration
- Experience as an advanced practice provider in ICU or a similar position.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Comprehensive benefits include Health, dental, vision, CME, 401k, ST/LT disability, and life insurance
- Leadership and training programs available
- Malpractice insurance with tail, 100% company paid
- Cross-training opportunities
- Incentives for improved productivity and quality care
- 251-bed, acute care medical/surgical hospital located in Western Massachusetts
- The region?s largest health system
- Situated 90 minutes from Boston and 3 hours from NYC, with Bradley International Airport
- Huge craft beer and restaurant scene
- Excellent public and private schools with a much lower cost of living than in Boston
- A charming college town area with picturesque hiking trails, and top-tier museums and performance venues.
This Physician Assistant job opening last updated on 11/27/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
Our goal is finding the right job for you. Since 1990, we have placed thousands of physicians and advanced practitioners in top medical positions nationwide. Our recruiters provide superior service to those seeking jobs and those looking to fill medical positions. We look forward to helping you! 7,700 Job Placements We place physicians and advanced practitioners every day in positions perfectly suited to their qualifications and preferences. 29 Years of Experience Through our decades of experience, we’ve learned the ins and outs of the medical recruiting industry and bring our skills and knowledge to you. 18 Recruiting Specialists Our recruiters focus on specific specialties so they can find the perfect job for each physician and advanced practitioner. Find a Job Looking for a medic...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company