Adelphi is seeking a Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry to provide locum tenens coverage at a facility located in Williamsburg, VA. Candidates must have experience working with acute adult inpatient populations.
Job Quick Facts:
• Ref #: BD-82-10
• Profession: Nurse Practitioner
• Specialty: Psychiatrist
• Job Type: Contract/Locum
• Location: Williamsburg, VA
• Coverage Type: Clinical
• Coverage Period: 3-6 months; with the potential to extend if the position remains unfilled
• Facility Type: Hospital
• Start Date: ASAP (pending credentialing)
• Shift Schedule: 40 Hours a week; Mon to Fri, 8 am - 5 pm; with 1 Hour Lunch Break
• Not approved for overtime
• No weekends, no holidays, no on-call duty
• Once a month, Participation in Lunch Coverage Call (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM)
• Acute, adult, and inpatient wards (male & female)
• Forensic, NGRI, Civil, Jail Transfer, and Geriatric populations
• Short and Long-term length of stay
• Caseload varies by ward
• Admissions unit: 10 patients per provider
• Geriatric (long-term) unit: 40 patients per provider
• Admission unit: 5-10 per week
• Geriatric (long-term) unit: 4 per month
• PCP coverage provided
• Full complement of interdisciplinary team members
• Weekly Notes for new admissions
• Monthly Notes for patients over 60 days following admissions
• Active VA license
• BC/BE in General Psychiatry Or Forensic Psychiatry
• BLS/ACLS Certification
• DEA Certificate
• Proficiency in EHR (Cerner Millenium) documentation
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct comprehensive psychiatric evaluations. Ensure medical history, mental status, and physical examinations are completed
• Follow treatment protocols for competency restoration to ensure rapid turnaround of pretrial forensic patients.
• Attend judicial hearings on campus, appropriate to the assigned patient population.
• Lead Treatment Planning Conferences and provide effective leadership in developing and maintaining the therapeutic process between physicians, nursing staff, psychologists, social workers, rehab staff, and patients.
• Complete required documentation in a timely manner
This Physician Assistant job opening last updated on 04/20/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
Adelphi was founded by a physician with years of experience, working with multiple health care providers, and who understands the unique challenges and rewards of being a healthcare professional in today’s health industry. Adelphi is dedicated to helping providers get access to qualified healthcare professionals to meet their coverage needs in delivery of life-saving care/patient care/healthcare services. We help physicians, nurse practitioners to find the placement that is right for them. Contact us at 770.485.1684 or visit us at www.adelphimedicalstaffing.comClick here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company