NES Health seeks an Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our practice at Northwest Texas Health System located in Amarillo, Texas.
About the Hospital
- 495 Bed Hospital
- Level III Trauma Center (soon to be level 2)
- Teaching Hospital
- Cerner EMR with Dragon Dictation
- Teaching Hospital (Medical Students, IM, PED, OBGYN, FM, soon Surgery and Fellowships). PED and FM rotate through ED.
- Radiology 24/7 in-house or tele
- Interventional Radiology
- Pediatrics 24/7 in house
- Pediatric Subspecialties - in house and on-call
- NICU 24/7, Level 3
- Cath Labs (4 interventional)
- Trauma (Level 3, transitioning to Level 2 summer 2023)
- Psych (24/7 – in-patient unit on campus)
- Anesthesia – 24/7
- Intensivists – in hour during the day, IM residents cover at night with on-call intensivist
- 24 (flex to 36) ICU beds
- Ultrasound – 24/7 in house
- OB/GYN – 24/7 in house (all pts over 20 wks go to OB/GYN)
- Ortho Trauma 24/7 in house
- Hospitalist 24/7 in house
- Gen Surg
- Optho 24/7 on-call
- Cardio – 24/7 in house
- Neurology – telestroke for Neuro 24/7
- Neurosurgery – 24/7 in house
About the Program and Hours
- 39 bed ED (23 monitored, 8 fast track, 8 reclined chairs)
- 43,000 Annual Visits ED
- 23% admission rate from the ED
- 40% of ED volume comes from EMS
- Bedside ED ultrasound
- X-ray and CT in the ED
- ED can (not required to) write holding orders
- ED does NOT respond to floor codes
- APPs see patients in the RME role and in Fast Track. APPs don’t see Main Side Pts.
- 12 hour ED Physician shifts (6a-6p, 12p-12a, 6p-6a)
- 10 hour ED APP shifts (9a-7p, 7p-5a)
- Active Texas license in the state or ability to attain unrestricted state license
- Active Texas DEA
- Candidate Must PA or FNP be BE/BC
- Must have active BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS.
About the Community
Amarillo is located in Potter County and is the largest city in the Texas Panhandle. The city is almost equidistant from Albuquerque, NM (285 miles west) and Oklahoma City, OK (245 miles east). There’s no shortage of natural scenery here, with the city falling along historic Route 66. Palo Duro Canyon is a quick 30-minute drive from Amarillo, which is the second largest canyon in the United States. If you enjoy the arts, the Amarillo Civic Center is home to the Amarillo Symphony Orchestra and Lone Star Ballet.
NES Health, Transforming Patient Care, Together.
Physician owned and managed for almost 50 years, NES Health works relentlessly to attract and retain outstanding clinical talent, nurturing our providers with support and resources that foster professional success.
This Physician Assistant job opening last updated on 11/01/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
Who We Are Our people are what sets us apart from the crowd – we hold ourselves to a standard of excellence and are passionate about making an impact with everything we do and who we meet. We firmly believe that respect and compassion are key components to providing quality experiences for our people, physicians, clients and patients in the communities we serve. Our corporate mission, vision, and values are our guiding principles of how we conduct business and build relationships each and every day. Business is not business here at NES Healthcare, it’s partnership. We will share your goals, focus and understand your reality and mirror our efforts to obtain success together. Who we are doesn’t just “look good on paper”— it’s shared in who we ...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company