InGenesis is currently seeking an Advanced Practice Provider - Night to work with our client. In this role, you will provide quality, comprehensive healthcare services to patients in an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position is responsible for providing the full scope of healthcare services that fall under their field of training which includes diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, and preventative care and health maintenance of their patients.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examination.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with state statute and professional practice guidelines
- Maintain records and writes orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure the accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at the facility.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepare presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
This Physician Assistant job opening was originally posted on 04/25/2023 and last updated on 05/23/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
- Master’s Degree from accredited Nursing or Physician Assistant program
- Previous experience with Pediatrics, Med/Peds, Family Medicine, Peds Emergency Medicine backgrounds strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) and Advance Practice Nurse (APRN-NP) by Texas Board of Nursing required or
- Current license as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board required
- DEA Certification Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at [link removed].