InGenesis is currently seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to work with our client. In this role, you will provide outpatient psychiatric evaluation and medication management services at an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). Works in coordination with the ICF’s behavioral health team to provide psychiatric services to UCs with behavioral health issues. This position will be supervised by the Chief Psychiatrist.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Provides patient assessment, diagnosis, and treatment plans in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession, with oversight of Chief Psychiatrist.
- Collaborates with counselors, social workers, or other treatment team members to coordinate care.
- Provides psychiatric health services, education, counseling, and emotional support.
- Refers patients for inpatient care, in collaboration with the staff psychiatrist, as necessary.
- Issues medication prescriptions in accordance with treatment guidelines.
- Orders laboratory tests, interprets, and explains the test results to patients.
- Provides patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits, and reasonable outcome expectations.
- Communicates with patients and engages in follow-up as necessary.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of medical records, including assessment, treatment plan, progress notes, outcome measures, and billing entries.
- May also provide primary medical care services as indicated, in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
This Physician Assistant job opening was originally posted on 04/25/2023 and last updated on 05/19/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
- MSN or DNP required with a focus on psychiatric nursing required.
- Previous experience as a psychiatric provider providing direct care to patients receiving treatments for psychiatric disorders required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) and Advance Practice Nurse (APRN-NP) by Texas Board of Nursing required.
- Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in Psychiatric Mental Health (PMH) as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) required.
- Unrestricted DEA license required.
- BLS and PALS required.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at [link removed].