BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH HEALING PARTNERS:
- $5,000 Sign on bonus
- Competitive salary
- Monday-Friday day schedule
- Excellent work/life balance - no nights; no weekends; no on-call
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, eligible on date of hire
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k, Short Term/Long Term disability and life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Malpractice insurance, 100% company paid
- Discount Programs
- FIGS personalized lab coat provided
Wound Care Nurse Practitioner
The Wound Care Nurse Practitioner will plan, direct, and evaluate resident and employee health care in long term care; examine and treat chronic and acute episodic illnesses, minor injuries, accidents, and other injuries/illnesses; performs selected laboratory testing; offer referrals to physicians, write prescriptions, and perform bedside procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment. The Nurse Practitioner will also work with the medical director in the care and treatment of residents and staff.
Position requires Covid vaccination.
- Debridement of wounds by sharp, enzymatic, autolytic or surgical methods able to be safely completed in the place of patient visit and all associated procedures to complete the debridement.
- Application and management of topical wound care and associated wound management products.
- Direction and recommendation of associated services to improve wound healing outcomes. This includes but is not limited to labs, radiologic tests, vascular tests, referrals, home health care, Vacuum Assisted Closure device, and orthotics.
- Interpretation of diagnostic tests and recommendation of appropriate follow up.
- Recommendations for prescription of required medications and/or Durable Medical Equipment or supplies (DME) to facilitate wound healing and/or wound prevention within her/his scope of practice, license and as per the collaborative agreement with the supervising physician.
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer risk assessment for Members with Diabetes, as per the ADA guidelines
- Education of patients as to the topical and systemic management of their wounds.
- Education of the Primary Care Physician (PCP), CM, or referring Physician on current wound management practices.
- Provision of regular updates to the PCP, CM, or referring Physician on the status of their patient’s systemic conditions associated with wound care.
- Acts as a resource person for decisions, planning, and policies affecting the health of residents.
- Collaborates with staff to identify residents' needs and to help develop plans to meet these needs.
- Other duties as assigned
This Physician Assistant job opening last updated on 05/08/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of compassion.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program.
- Current approval by the Board of Nursing to perform medical acts.
- Must be currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state.
- Current Active, unrestricted APRN license in the state in which the applicant has applied.
- Master’s degree of Nursing.
- Able to stand and walk for 4+ hours
- Able to lift 100 pounds to assist fallen residents.
- Able to lift 10 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
- Pushing/Pulling 70+ pounds when administering patient care
- Bending/squatting/kneeling/twisting when administering patient care
- Hearing in order to perform physical assessments (aids permitted)
- Vision for performing physical assessments (glasses or contacts permitted)
- Depth perception when performing medical procedures
- Fine motor skills for grasping and controlling medical equipment, and to perform precise procedures such as sterile dressing changes
- May be exposed to adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, bloodborne pathogens, physical hazards (e.g., needle pricks, etc.) and chemical hazards.
- Daily Travel to various facilities. Regions can vary based on scheduling needs.
- Position requires Covid vaccination
Our Approach As industry-leading wound care providers, Healing Partners propel standard SNF wound care to a completely different level. Our multifaceted approach relieves various burdens – clinical, operational, financial, practical – from busy owners, administrators, and employees, freeing each staff member to focus optimally on his or her responsibilities and improve overall facility management. Our highly-trained clinicians collaborate with each facility to ensure comprehensive, top-quality care for residents and cultivate a genuine partnership with the staff. To accom...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company