Academic/Professor Physician Assistant
Santa Maria, CA
Opportunity for a Physician Assistant to work within an academic setting. Newly established PA program in the Central Coast of California. Located in Santa Maria, CA. Under the umbrella of A.T. Stills University. This is a full time Professor position with a growing Physician Assistant Program. Physician Assistant Studies will report directly to the CCPA Program Chair and indirectly to the Director of Didactic Education and will support the continued development and implementation of all aspects of the preclinical phase of the PA Program and to teach courses, engage in service, and conduct scholarship.
Responsibilities of the Academic/Professor Physician Assistant
Collaborate as a member of the programmatic faculty to achieve a shared vision for becoming recognized as the principal source of PAs from historically underrepresented groups providing culturally-humble care to medically underserved communities.
- Contribute to the ongoing design, development, and implementation of an innovative case-based curricular model emphasizing blended learning.
- Serve as a member of the dynamic team of didactic faculty to educate a highly diverse student body selected for their commitment to the CCPA mission using a holistic admissions process.
- Contribute to the comprehensive assessment strategy for the didactic phase of the program.
- Help to ensure students are adequately prepared to achieve programmatic benchmarks for the PACKRAT and PANCE.
- Support student academic progression, retention, and completion strategies.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with ARC-PA accreditation standards and best practices in contemporary physician assistant didactic education.
- Develop and deliver academic courses as assigned.
- Participate in the holistic student admissions process.
- Conduct and disseminate scholarship.
- Serve on departmental, college, and university committees as assigned.
- Engage in community and professional service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Academic/Professor Physician Assistant
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant Program
- NCCPA certified
- Active Physician Assistant license
- 3 years of experience as a Physician Assistant
Compensation and Benefits of the Academic/Professor Physician Assistant
- No weekends
- Compensation starting at 100-135,000
- Full benefits and competitive compensation.
If interested please visit [link removed] or contact Joel Kutz PA-C call at 586-569-9776.
This Physician Assistant job opening last updated on 09/10/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
AboutWe are PA's, we understand practice environments and employment issuesA Truly Personalized Recruiting ServicePhysician Assistant Solutions (PA Solutions) is 100 percent PA owned and operated. Founded in 2007, we recognized the drawbacks to recruiters who represent dozens of industries and professions. With limited clinical background, it was no surprise that placement success rates were poor and employers became wary of costly recruiters.We are different.We create long-term partnerships between employers and advanced practice providers based on compatibility, not availability. We spend time to understand the needs and priorities of both medical practices and potential providers in order to find the perfect match for both parties.Nationwide Reach, Local ExpertiseWe are able to identify...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company