Mental Health Nurse Practitioner #2888 - 2888 (18148253)
Mental Health Nurse Practitioner #2888
Our Sanford team is looking for an Family or Adult Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to provide psychiatric evaluations and ongoing psychiatric medication management for a diverse caseload that are recovery focused and integrated with other members of the patients mental and physical health care team.
• Maine Psychiatric NP License required. Family certification preferred.
• Valid DEA certificate required, with full prescriptive authority including Schedule II controlled substances preferred.
• Two (2) years of experience in outpatient, residential, or crisis settings is preferred but not required.
• Experience in behavioral healthcare preferred.
• Experience with electronic health records preferred.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• Master’s degree from an accredited program in psychiatric nursing required.
Compensation has changed and is now on a new fee-for-service model It works like this; you will receive $100.00/hour for all billable hours and $50.00/hour for all approved non-billable hours (Staff meetings, Supervisors, Training or other approved meetings). In addition you would be eligible for benefits (medical, dental, vision). Initial visits are one hour for adults and 1.5 hours for children and teens; follow-up visits are 30 minutes in length. You typically would see around 12 patients per day with an expectation of six billable hours per day in a typical 8 hour day. SO that is $600.00 plus another $100.00/day for the non-billable time or $700.00/day. If you were to work a full-time position that means your income is in excess of $154,000 and that is taking an entire month off in the year!
This is a full time position (30 to 40 hours per week) providing psychiatric evaluations and ongoing medication management to children, adolescents and adults at the Sweetser Sanford office. Benefits package available.
The Sanford area offers a variety of restaurants and shopping as well as recreational activities. A great city to live in and do business!
Just a short drive to many popular destinations including: Ogunquit, Kennebunk, North Conway, Portsmouth, Dover, York, Wells, Portland and many others.
For more information on this and other Psychiatry Jobs, please call Tim at 877-499-9889 and send your CV to (use the Apply button to apply for this job) today!
This position is specifically for a Nurse Practitioner who has proven training as a Psychiatric Mental Health or Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Further, you must have ANCC certification in order for the employer to bill Medicare and Medicaid and most insurers so ANCC certification is a requirement of this position. An FNP without training as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will not be accepted as a candidate for this position.