PMHNP position available in California #3060 - 3060 (19115390)
PMHNP position available in California #3060
Our client in California is seeking Nurse Practitioners who have the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner designation.
A year or more of experience would be preferred, but it not essential. They should express an interest in working in a community mental health setting as opposed to a hospital or private practice. If you have experience in outpatient community mental health that would be ideal for us.
Under the supervision of the Associate Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner will provide medication supportive services to the clients associated with the Wellness Adjunct program, a part of the Adult Division. Our clients are between ages 18 and 60+. We strongly seek candidates that have a demonstrated interest in working with the persistently and severely mentally ill population in a community mental health setting.
This is a salaried full time position and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, which includes a low cost employee only option for medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Responsible for providing nursing/nurse practitioner services primarily at Sepulveda and Inglewood sites.
• Works with physicians to provide ongoing care to stable patients in Adult and Family programs.
• Works with the nurse administrator in ensuring quality mental health care through teaching and consultation with therapeutic and support staff.
Primary Duties Include:
• In collaboration with the Medical Director and Nursing Administrator, develops confirms and maintains nurse practitioner protocols for the care of patients in Family and Adult Divisions.
• Develops and maintains a patient load of size and complexity commensurate with licensure, experience and agency needs according to protocol.
• Sees patients as needed regarding medication evaluation, furnishing medications and monitoring, injections and otherwise as needed.
• Originates and maintains a Nursing office on site and staffs open clinic hours as assigned or as needed.
• Provides psychoeducation about medications and illness management in group therapy and community outreach settings as assigned.
• Attends treatment team meetings as assigned, providing consultation on medical issues.
• May direct receipt, handling, storage, dispensing and tracking of meds including samples.
• Assists in refilling medications as needed as well as provides TB testing to clients and staff as needed.
• Directs, and provides training in, infection control and provides staff and patient education on an ad hoc basis.
• Receives, reviews and responds as appropriate to calls regarding medical or medication issues according to protocol.
• Provides liaison to pharmacy providers and to laboratory providers including reviewing lab reports.
• Assists the Program Director and Medical Director in preparing for audits.
Culver City is located in Los Angeles County and has been a center for motion picture and later television production, best known as the home of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer studios. It is mostly surrounded by the city of Los Angeles, but also shares a border with unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County.
Culver City launched a successful revitalization program in which it renovated its downtown as well as several shopping centers in the 1990s.
Points of interest in Culver City include:
• Culver Hotel: A 1924 landmark pie-slice-shaped hotel in downtown. Many of the cast of The Wizard of Oz stayed here during filming of the movie in 1939. The hijinks of that period, including the hotel's being taken over by the "Munchkins," were featured in the 1981 movie Under the Rainbow. Formerly owned by John Wayne, the hotel has housed many stars including Clark Gable, Greta Garbo, Joan Crawford, Red Skelton, Buster Keaton and Ronald Reagan.
• Helms Bakery
• Sony Pictures Studios
• The Actors' Gang at the Ivy Substation (within the Palms district, city of Los Angeles, but on long-term lease to Culver City)
• Kirk Douglas Theatre, featuring the Center Theater Group
• Mayme A. Clayton Library & Museum: The largest and most academically substantial independently held collection of objects, documents and memorabilia on African-American history and culture.
• The Wende Museum possesses a collection of the former Soviet Union's and German Democratic Republic's visual art and everyday artifacts. Open to the public on Fridays and so much more to see.
Call Tim at 877-499-9889 or text or call him on his cell at 270-793-6770 and send a copy of your CV for review to (use the Apply button to apply for this job) today.
Tim will be happy to share more specifics for you and get a conversation started quickly. All of our communications are held in the strictest of confidence.
This position is specifically for a Nurse Practitioner who has proven training as a Psychiatric Mental Health or Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Further, you must have ANCC certification in order for the employer to bill Medicare and Medicaid and most insurers so ANCC certification is a requirement of this position. An FNP without training as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will not be accepted as a candidate for this position.