Chief Physician Assistant/Advanced Practice Clinician - 21061000
MedStar Union Memorial Hospital (MUMH), a proud member of MedStar Health, is a not-for-profit, 223-bed acute care teaching hospital with a strong emphasis on cardiac care, orthopaedics and sports medicine. We currently have a full time opening for a Chief Physician Assistant /Advanced Practice Clinician to work directly with our orthopaedic acute care team. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is a change agent and wants to work in the region’s only orthopaedic specialty hospital! Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that’s right for you. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership— as a clinician and healthcare expert.
The Chief Physician Assistant/Advanced Practice Clinician for Orthopaedics coordinates the daily operations of a group of surgical and acute advanced practice clinicians, as well as working with the orthopaedic leadership on strategy implementation. This role provides hands-on leadership in the inpatient setting, ensuring the highest level of clinical practice, quality care and professional satisfaction. In addition to maintaining an active clinical practice, this role also participates in recruitment, orientation, performance management and education efforts for this group of clinicians. This position will implement and manage process improvement initiatives and act as a liaison with department leadership, staff, attending physicians, nursing and other key stakeholders. This role will also direct and supervise the physician assistant staff in the routine daily activities of the program. The Chief Physician Assistant/Advanced Practice Clinician will share a vision with the Director and aim towards the department goals, keeping in mind the broad picture of health care.
As a new Chief Physician Assistant/Advanced Practice Clinician at MUMH, you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- A Monday – Friday schedule
- Incredible Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
- Education/Training - Graduation from a Physician Assistant Program accredited by ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant). Bachelors degree; Masters degree preferred.
- Experience- 5 years experience as a certified physician assistant in an active clinical setting; 3 years in an inpatient setting; supervisory/management experience preferred.
- License/Certification/Registration- NCCPA (National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants) certification. Current license with the Maryland Board of Physicians. Current BLS (Basic Life Support)/ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certifications.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities- Basic computer skills preferred.
To learn more about this position or to apply, please send a CV to Nicole Whaley at (use the Apply button to apply for this job). You can also apply directly to our website using this link - [link removed]#/job/8783