Physician Assistant - Spine First assist - 2574 (21581184)
Physician Assistant SPINE
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Must have experience working as a first assist
- Primary role is to perform first assist duties in surgery.
- Ability to render emergency care on operating patients.
- Perform a pre-op exam and correlate symptoms to procedure and diagnosis.
- Ability to talk to patients in pre-op and answer any questions about the surgery as well as explain your involvement.
- Performs comprehensive and problem-focused patient histories to ensure there are no special requirements for surgery.
- Aids operating surgeon/facility staff with any pre-op preferences including but not limited to radiographic studies set-up, instrumentation set-up, and patient positioning.
- Transfer/escort patients back to PACU and assess post-op condition, ensure there are no complications, and ensure that the procedure was successful.
- Assist with any clinical/management projects for the betterment of your territory/team.
- Assist with education and training initiatives
- Perform chart reviews and audits, on a weekly basis
- Provide support to territory manager on special projects
- Provide administrative support on non-OR days
- Provide clinical support on non-OR days
Must have excellent computer skills specifically MS Office, Diagnostic imaging systems, and EMR
Bachelors required for both PAs ; Master’s in physician assistant studies, Health Science or Medical Science is required for PAs.
Must possess current state license where practicing and be nationally certified as National Commissioned Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for PAs.
At least one year of surgical experience required.
Background in any one of the following specialties is preferred: Spine, Neuro, Ortho, Robotics, Urology, Cardiothoracic and/or OBGYN.