Physician Assistant - Orthopedic needed for a full-time opening in North Platte, NE - 3285 (22065034)
Job Quick Facts
* Specialty: Physician Assistant - Orthopedic
* Facility Location: North Platte, NE
* Board Requirement: BC/BE
* Certifications Needed: BLS
* License Requirement: NE / Compact State License
* Reason for Need: Supplemental
* Service Setting: Inpatient/Outpatient
* Coverage Type: Scheduled Clinical Hours
* Coverage Period: Permanent
* EMR: Epic
* Travel, lodging, and malpractice insurance covered
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Full Time, salaried position – not a timed forty (40) hour workweek.
* A typical workday begins and ends helping physicians to see or operate on patients. PAs will see patients individually with Physician supervision.
* Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. Reviews patient records, interpreting and integrating data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
* Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Establishes presumptive diagnosis.
* Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
* Administers injections and oral medications. Sutures wounds and provides wound care and infection management.
* Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
* Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention; instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
* Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
* Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
* Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
* Provides call coverage with Physician.
* Rounds on patients at the facility.
* Market competitive compensation
* Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
* Retirement plan
* Pristine beauty of the geographic location
* Diverse dining, local markets, festivals, and community events
* Several great and exciting outdoor activities