Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Opportunity – Cardiovascular Recovery Room - 22322754
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Cardiovascular Recovery Room
MedStar Union Memorial Hospital is currently seeking a full time Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to join the Cardiovascular Recovery Room team. This is a full time, 36-hour position, with rotating shifts Monday - Saturday.
Job Summary - Under the administrative direction of the Director of Critical Care, Patient Care Services and the medical direction of the Medical Director of the Intensive Care Unit, assists with the diagnosis, planning and provision of care for Cardiac Surgical and Medical Cardiology patients.
By joining MedStar Union Memorial, you will enjoy a full comprehensive benefits package, to include:
· Competitive compensation
· Fully paid malpractice coverage
· Medical, dental, vision insurance options
· Retirement plan with % match from employer
· Generous PTO, and much more!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Accountable for using research findings to optimize patient outcomes. Participates in the research process to discover, examine, and test knowledge, theories, and creative approaches to practice.
· Analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnoses by defining and prioritizing actual or potential care problems as the basis for designing interventions for the restoration of health. Responds appropriately to patient care emergencies.
· Collects and integrates patient data from a wide variety of sources in order to make clinical judgments and decisions about recommendations and treatments. Develops patient problem list in order to ensure that patient receives comprehensive care. Initiates appropriate referrals/consultation keeping in mind patient safety and cost containment issues.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care. Selects those therapies and treatments that achieve planned outcomes at minimum cost to patient, hospital, and third party payors when prescribing interventions.
· Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
· Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes. The plan of care is of sufficient breadth and depth to guide the multidisciplinary team in the restoration of health for patients with complex problems and prescribes interventions to achieve the agreed upon outcomes.
· Evaluates all patient's progress toward attainment of expected outcomes. Through continuous evaluation of the patient's changing condition and response to therapeutic interventions, modifies the plan of care to optimize patient outcomes. Provides follow up progress notes on all cardiac patients undergoing cardiac surgery and/or interventional procedures.
· Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of acute care nursing practice. Assumes a leadership role in establishing and monitoring standards of practice to improve patient care in collaboration with other experts.
· Identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient. Assumes the leadership role in assuring that the patient and health care team identify expected outcomes of care as the basis for developing the
multidisciplinary plan of care. Ensures that the patient, family, significant other and members of the health care team participate in the patient's plan of care.
· Identifies potential risk management issues related to self, patients, visitors, and coworkers and takes appropriate preventive measures. Maintains confidentiality of all patient related information.
· Implements the interventions identified in the multidisciplinary plan of care. Has the authority and is accountable for planning, implementing, or delegating therapeutic interventions delineated in the multidisciplinary plan of care.
· Maintains current certification in ACLS, CPR and CRNP certification. Completes competency evaluations in appropriate areas. Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served and completes mandatory in-services.
· Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more about this position or to apply, please send a CV to Nicole Whaley at (use the Request More Information button to apply for this job)
· Education/Training - Current Maryland licensure as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
· Experience - 3 years professional nursing experience in an acute cardiovascular area with associated cardiac surgical, medical, and interventional experience.
· License/Certification/Registration - ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification
· Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – Advanced patient cardiac assessment skills. Ability to obtain and interpret patient history and develop treatment plans. Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems. Ability to recognize and respond appropriately to emergency situations. Basic computer skills preferred.