Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant - 22546720
This is a cardiothoracic PA's dream! 70% OR Time! Plus minimal on-call time!
Serve as an integral role in the global management of cardiothoracic surgery patients, including all aspects of peri-operative care from performing patient histories and daily rounds to invasive surgical procedures, including endoscopic vein harvest for coronary artery bypass graft procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office and hospital setting
- Handles daily patient rounds (including the CVICU), patient education and discharge summaries
- Performs invasive procedures, such as chest tube insertions, placement of central venous, dialysis and Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines and removal of intra-aortic balloon pumps
- Exhibits autonomy in the operating room when required
- Endoscopic vein harvest, including greater and lesser saphenous veins and/or radial arteries, for use as a bypass conduit (proficient in use of Maquet EVH system)
- Performs first assistant duties on all adult cardiac and thoracic cases
- Meets the specific needs of the attending surgeon, often assisting several surgeons in a single practice
- Has exacting knowledge of each surgeon's idiosyncrasies to expedite the procedure and limit patient morbidity and mortality
- Uses knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between physician and PA
- Has extensive knowledge of ventilator management and artificial cardiac devices
- Performs duties of a primary care PA
- Manages other disease entities frequently encountered in the cardiac population, namely hypertension, diabetes, COPD, asthma, pneumonia and others
- 1-2 yrs experience in CT Surgery as a surgical first assist
- Proficient in endoscopic vein harvesting
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA-C license
Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits, Extremely low-cost health care premiums for single or family plans, Plus Relocation Assistance!
Submit CV for immediate consideration! Role will not last!