PA or APRN - Neurosurgery - O'Fallon, IL - PA/NP Neuro-SEO (22648893)
HSHS Medical Group is currently recruiting an EXPERIENCED Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join an established but expanding Neurosurgery practice at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in O'Fallon, IL. Advanced Practice Clinician will join 1 other Advanced Practice Clinician to support 2 Neurosurgeons in outpatient clinic, surgery, and call coverage.
Brief job description, performed under the direction of surgeon:
- First assist surgical duties, including tissue retraction and suturing
- Physical examinations and recording health history
- Orders appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests, medication prescriptions
- Interprets test results, reads imaging of varying modalities including CTs, MRIs, plain x-rays as trained
- Develops assessment and plan, determines appropriateness of surgical intervention vs. medical management
- Participates in daily neurosurgical patient rounds, writes progress notes, conducts patient education, all aspects of patient discharge from hospital
- Performs inpatient consultations
- Performs bedside procedures as trained including drain removal, shunt tap, lumbar puncture, shunt reprogramming, wound vac sponge changes as needed
- Communicates with attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the PA’s knowledge base or scope of practice
- Triages patient telephone calls
- Accurate medical record documentation
- Some clerical work, including some aspects of surgery scheduling
HSHS Medical Group is the physician organization of Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS). The admitting hospital, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, is a full-service acute care hospital and rehabilitation center which has 144 licensed beds and utilizes the services of more than 103 physicians representing more than 20 medical specialties. HSHS is a fully integrated health care system that sponsors hospitals in communities across Illinois and Wisconsin. With more than 560 providers within its network, HSHS Medical Group works in partnership with HSHS Hospitals to give providers the support they need to provide the highest level of patient care possible. HSHS employs more than 16,000 people. HSHS Medical Group has a network of clinical providers that includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and other medical professionals.
2-4 years of experience as a PA-C or APRN in Neurosurgery is preferred
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Certification by the National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants; specialty certification for APRNs; DEA license may be required for the position. ACLS certification is required.
Licensed in the state of practice-Required
Basic Life Support (BLS)-Required