Orthopedic PA-C - 22970656
At Genesis Orthopedics we highly value our Advance Practice Providers and desire for all providers to practice at the very top of their license.
APPs are responsible for providing medical care as delegated by Genesis Orthopedics & Sports Medicine physician(s). Responsibilities will include running independent clinics, assisting a physician in both the office and hospital setting, seeing patients with a variety of orthopedic injuries and conditions, assisting in the operating room as needed, and performing emergency room and floor consultations.
About Genesis Orthopedics & Sports Medicine:
At Genesis, our goal is simple: free our patients to be more active, more athletic, and to move freely in their bodies – accessible to everyone, not just the select few.
Thriving in the world requires mobility and freedom from pain, but our healthcare system often makes quality orthopedic care inaccessible to those who need it most – those on Medicaid, or Medicare, or who lack insurance. We won’t be able to solve our present orthopedic challenges with a care delivery model designed in the past.
Our collective capacity for medical care is remarkable – and our current system is underestimating it. We need a new orthopedic model, one where we value human beings regardless of income or wealth. Where prices are ethical, not exploitative. Where recovery is expedited, and surgery is a last resort (not a first option for profit-seeking orthopedists).
Our practice is fortunate to have experience in this non-traditional way of thinking. After 17 years of a successful-but-conventional practice, four years ago we went back to the drawing board to ask ourselves what would need to change in order to serve everyone, not just the lucky few who could afford our services. We reinvented the care delivery model, trying different ideas until we discovered a blueprint for delivering the high-quality care our reputation was known for, while also making the prices more ethical and affordable. It took hundreds of hours of reading, conversations, and research to pull off, but we cracked the code.
In summary, if you’re looking for a place with more autonomy, a strong mission and culture, and an opportunity to serve the underserved, we’d love to consider you for the team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs comprehensive and problem-focused histories and physical examinations
- Interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Interprets and correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential diagnosis and establish a working diagnosis
- Formulates a treatment plan for orthopaedic conditions within their scope of practice
- Implements therapeutic intervention for specific conditions when appropriate
- Exercises judgment on conditions requiring consultation, referral or evaluation by the supervising orthopaedic surgeon or other health care professionals
- Orders, collects and performs appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies, such as routine laboratory tests, EMG, electrocardiogram and radiologic examinations including arthrogram, ultrasound, CT, MRI and bone scan studies
- Performs compartment pressure measurements, digital blocks and regional anesthesia
- Performs minor outpatient surgical procedures such as tendon repair, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, needle biopsy percutaneous pinning of fractures k-wire and hardware removal
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspirations and injections of joints, bursars and cysts.
- Performs closed reductions of fractures and dislocations
- Applies braces, casts, splints and other orthopaedic appliances
- Assists in the surgical suite including first assist, deep and superficial wound closure, application of internal devices and any other procedures delegated by the supervising orthopaedic surgeon
- Conducts hospital rounds, writes orders, takes call and sees patients in the ED for the orthopaedic surgeon
- Evaluates and clarifies clinical conditions
- Formulates and implements treatment and therapeutic plans for hospitalized
Experience as an Orthopedic APP is required. Orthopedic experience in current or previous roles (ex medical scribe, MA) will be considered as well. Particular interest in the field of Orthopedics and Surgery is required.
Hours and Location:
Both part-time and full-time requests can be accomodated. Locations vary between 5 locations in St. Charles, Oak Brook, Oak Park, and Chicago, IL