Long Term Opportunity in VA - 44101sm (23012136)
Job # 44101
NP or PA
Location: Gateway to Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
1099 Contract/Locum Tenens
We are looking for an experienced Forensic APP to provide locums for at least 3 to 6 months in Virginia, until a permanent candidate is hired.
On-call 24/7 and if a case comes into ER, provider will be called in (stay in area and be within 30 minutes away)
Approx 500 cases per year
Compassion and empathy required for this position!!
Immediate need to secure an APP for a locum in emergency medicine that is skilled in performing forensic exams. Immediate need to secure an APP for a locum in emergency medicine that is skilled in performing forensic exams.
The Forensic APP is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Associate who will be expected to provide exemplary care of patients whom have experienced child abuse (physical and sexual), elder abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault, strangulation, and human trafficking.
He/she will be expected to collect evidence of said crimes following evidentiary as well as chain of custody requirements for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Forensic APP may oversee continuing care (but not much of this) of all Forensic patients after the initial emergent response. This includes seeing the patient in outpatient clinics for follow-up visits, medication management, lab result review and action as needed, STI counseling/education, and coordinating referrals to specialty services as needed.
The Forensic APP will collaborate with community partners to ensure optimal patient outcomes including but not limited to case reviews, advocacy services, and mental health support. Frequent testimony in court is an expectation of this role. There is an on-call requirement.
- Board-certified as an NP or PA – ability to see all ages
- Clean background check
- At least a year of Forensic experience
- VA license
- Experience as a Forensic APP
- Documentation of completion of adult sexual assault examiner training program
- Documentation of completion of pediatric sexual assault examiner training program
- Documentation of Intimate Partner Violence Examiner training program
- Documentation of completion of Danger Assessment training program (IAFN IPV program includes Danger Assessment training)
- Documentation of completion of strangulation examiner training
- Documentation of completion of at least 20 hours of child abuse (predominantly NAT) specific training, such as that offered by MRCAC
- SANE-A and SANE-P certifications (only available to nurses, PAs would not have these)
Housing and travel provided if needed.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please send resume and call or email.
Senior Staffing Consultant
SUMO Medical Staffing
Providing a better experience
888-444-3590 Main Line
801-251-0521 Direct Line
(click on the Contact Me button to request more info about the job)
NALTO member since 2007