Physician Assistant needed to join thriving Orthopedic Team- Chicago IL - 23123196
We are looking for an experienced Sports Medicine Physician Assistant at our Downtown Chicago location
- Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by physician.
- First Assist in the OR
- Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
- Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Documents all patient encounters and care provided in Electronic Health Record.
- Utilizes practice technology including but not limited to electronic health record, dictation, and outcomes tools to their full capability to ensure excellent patient care.
- Educates patients and families as appropriate. Provides continuity of care.
- Stays abreast of and complies with all state and federal laws including HIPAA, ADA, OSHA, and FLSA.
- Consults with other staff as necessary.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to this position.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs duties of co-workers and subordinates as workload dictates.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS, MS preferred; graduate of AMA accredited PA program
- Current Illinois state PA license
- Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current CPR Certification
- WILLING TO TRAIN THE RIGHT NEW GRADUATE
POSITION IS AVAILABLE ASAP
Illinois Licensed PA
Orthopedic experience highly preferred, but will train the right New Grad who did an Orthopedic rotation