Emergency Medicine - PA / NP - Penrose Hospital - 23194397
Seeking Experienced Emergency Medicine PA / NP.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- 2 years of EM PA / NP experience or completion of an EM Fellowship is required to be considered for this position
Penrose Emergency Department
- ED Volume: 37,000
- Level II Trauma Center – with level I verification
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Emergency Medicine Excellence Award for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Five-Star Recipient for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- 32 main ED treatment rooms
- Close proximity to all radiology services, with bedside ultrasound
- ED Point of Care testing, with a lab tech in the ED
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition
- Fully mature PA program with 15 years of full PA integration
- ED managed observation unit
- Incentive-based compensation
- 450 bed, full-service acute care hospital with a reputation for excellence
- Penrose-St. Francis has been named One of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 10 years in a row (2008 - 2017) by Healthgrades
- Southern Colorado's only Magnet Recognized hospital
- Emergency Medicine physicians actively engaged with all major hospital committees including Chief of staff, Director of Peer Review, Credentials committee, Quality Committee
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
At the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs is home to the US Olympic committee, the Olympic training center, and the US Senior Open. And outdoor paradise, Colorado Springs has 265 miles of park and urban trails with over 5000 acres of open space. Close proximity to skiing, hiking, mountain biking, road biking and fishing make this a great community for families or outdoor enthusiasts. Voted the most desirable place to live in the US by US News and World Report, the #1 mountain community by Money Magazine, and Outside magazine’s “Best Town”, Colorado Springs has something for everyone.
With some of the best public schools systems in the state, Colorado Springs is a perfect place to raise a family that wants to live, work and play in the mountains.
2 years of Emergency Medicine experience or completion of an EM fellowship is required to be considered for this position