Emergency Medicine - PA / NP - Peterson Regional Medical Center - 23194398
Emergency Medicine PA / NP experience is required to be considered for this position.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- Part-time APP position needed, averaging 4-6 shifts per month.
Peterson Regional Medical Center - Emergency Department
- Annual ED Volume: 31,000
- 20 ED beds
- 21% admission rate
- 4% transfer rate
- 9-12 hour physician shifts with 27-33 hours of total physician coverage per day, plus 2 overlapping APP shifts per day
- BC/BP in Emergency Medicine
- Documentation: Meditech pDoc (version 6.1) with optional (but recommended) Dragon
- Trauma Level IV designation
- Stroke certified; however, still transfer patients who require lytics and/or arterial thrombectomy
- Perform percutaneous coronary intervention
- Provide infectious disease consults via telemedicine
- 124-bed facility
- Named for local businessman Sid Peterson, this private hospital was named one of the “Top 20” Rural Community Hospitals in the nation—the only hospital in Texas on the list
- Serves a primary service area of 45,000+ people
- Hospitalists admit 85% of patients from the Emergency Department
- Stroke patients who receive fibrinolytic or who meet criteria for arterial thrombectomy are transferred to San Antonio after consultation with a Tele-Neurologist
- Specialty backup includes:
- Cardiology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Orthopedic Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology, Radiology and Interventional Radiology, Urology, Vascular Surgery
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
Medical professionals in Kerrville enjoy a lifestyle that blends all the best aspects of rural, suburban, and urban life. With excellent housing, real estate costs, and state- and nationally-distinguished schools, Kerrville is the perfect hometown for families. Outdoor recreational activities such as flying, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, kayaking, triathlons, and photography abound in this beautiful area of the Texas Hill Country. Since both San Antonio and Austin are within a one- to two-hour drive, Kerrville is a perfect choice for physicians who want to practice in a smaller community with metropolitan amenities nearby.
Emergency Medicine PA / NP experience is required to be considered for this position