Location: Michigan - Flint
Duration: Permanent - Full Time
Job ID: 219191 (23533026)
Company: Britt Medical Search
Contact: Erin Coleman Call: 6362204841
Job Posted: 06/20/22
FNP/PMHNP opportunity for new Crisis Center in Flint, MI - some telehealth - 219191 (23533026)Exciting new opportunity for a (PMHNP) Nurse Practitioner with strong primary care experience join new Behavioral Health Urgent Care Center. FNP certified is a plus.
In this role you will be handling crisis appointments, consultations, working with law enforcement in some instances. The facility just opened in November of 2021 and expects to be fully ramped up by Summer 2022. This is a truly exciting chance for you to make a difference in the community, where patients can come any time of the day to get mental health services.
- Schedule is negotiable - some telehealth available if desired. No overnights.
- Center hours are currently M-F 8 am to 12 am but will eventually be 24/7 as volume increases.
- Services on site: medical triage, crisis assessment, crisis stabilization up to 23 hours, psychiatric evaluation, linking to ongoing care appointments, care coordination to other levels of service, peer support services, linking of resources to address SDOH areas of concern, basic medical care.
- Fully staffed, the clinic anticipates having 2-3 NPs, 1 MD, and 1 Medical Director along with social workers, an EMT, and an RN.
- On a busy day they anticipate the facility seeing 40 patients, with many being screened and treated by social workers, RN and NPs.
- The goal is to have a primary care urgent care setup, where patients can receive treatment and medications the same day.
Health System has provided services to County residents for more than 50 years as a provider for individuals with serious mental illness, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and substance use disorders. The Crisis Center provides trained, professional staff available to assist individuals and families with understanding their treatment options, and to help during a mental health, substance abuse, or family crisis. Center offers both Walk In and Virtual Urgent Care sessions for those who need to talk and perhaps figure out what to do next. Walk In Services are available to walk in anytime during building hours. Virtual Urgent Care Services are offered via video chat with a licensed mental health professional and are available in just a few minutes after calling.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefit package, and the opportunity to develop an innovative system.
The region continues to grow and reinvent itself. It has so many assets – a growing economy, low cost of living, and educational and cultural resources that make the future of Flint & Genesee bright with possibilities. Flint is home to arts, festivals and outdoor pursuits.
- Low cost of living at 83.9% (16.1% below the national average), a growing economy, and affordable housing.
- With one of the highest concentrations of top ranked K-12 public schools in Michigan, families in Flint & Genesee can choose from 21 school districts.
- More than 11,000 acres of parks and nature areas to explore and 142 miles of river to paddle.
- Flint is a diverse community that includes college students, retirees and families. Roughly a quarter of the population is younger than 20.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC219191 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]