Orthopedic Physician Assistant opportunity in Richmond, VA - 215673 (23533138)
Provider of expert orthopedic and therapy care, is currently seeking a full-time, licensed Physician Assistant (PA) to join our team! Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a generous 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.
Group has specialists in physiatry, general orthopaedics, joint replacement, spine surgery, sports medicine, hand and foot & ankle surgery, rheumatology, sports medicine-trained primary care physicians, and physical and occupational therapy. We also have MRI, injection suites, after-hours clinics, surgery centers, and expanded therapy services.
Schedule / call involves: practice call, rounding & urgent care
Provides direct patient care and surgical assistance according to State guidelines and under the direction of the supervising physician and/or Medical Director. Functions with specific privileges as approved by the governing body. May be involved in the coordination of treatment and assists in the management of preoperative and postoperative care. In coordination with the supervising physician, develops a comprehensive plan of care, and collaborates with the care team to ensure continuity quality care.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
- Performs physical examination, compiles medical data and records medical history and implements a treatment plan on new and established patients
- Orders appropriate diagnostic studies when indicated
- Instructs patients and families regarding treatment plan and medications
- Consults with physician when warranted to assess patient condition and treatment
- Ensures that medical charts and administrative paper work is completed in a timely manner
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits
- Provides follow-up care to patients according to practice guidelines
- May perform preoperative assessment of patient and confirms completion of required documentation
- Assesses patient status for compliance with physical, emotional and social admission requirements
- May or may not perform thorough preoperative work-up for the scheduled procedures
- Notifies Medical Director or attending physician if patient does not meet criteria or is not suitable for treatment in the outpatient setting
- Confirms that medical clearance and all diagnostic tests are performed and documented
- Supports the patient and family by explaining the perioperative experience with specific instructions to the patient and family regarding their responsibility in the outpatient process
- May or may not coordinate the surgical schedule considering special needs of the patient
- Performs within guidelines of specific privileges approved by the governing body and delegated by the Medical Director
- May or may not confer with the surgeon about the planned anesthetic to be administered
- Documents orders and considerations specified by surgeon and carried out by Physician
- Monitors patients and administers medications according to Facility policy
- Performs preoperative activities according to Facility policy
- Provides support to medical and office staff
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program is required.
- Must maintain CEU's in pertinent clinical practice according to licensure requirements.
- BLS Certification must be maintained.
- 2-3 years of Orthopedic experience highly desired or related service line.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC217578 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]