NP/PA Neurosurgery Opportunity in Greenville, NC - top program - 217752 (23533145)
Medical Group seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join its practice in Greenville, NC. The Neurosurgery team consists of 9 neurosurgeons and 10 nurse practitioners/physician assistants. This opportunity includes inpatient, outpatient and first assist responsibilities. First assist certification is required for nurse practitioners. New graduates are encouraged to apply. Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina.
- Employment by Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma center
- Monday –Friday schedule with rotating weekends (rounding)
- Inpatient responsibilities will include OR, rounding with surgeon, inpatient medical management, admissions, discharges, and consults
- Large referral network including over 100 Medical Group practices and 9 Health System owned hospitals
- Established neuroscience team of 9 neurosurgeons, including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, neurointensivists, neurologists and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Medical Center is home to a newly expanded 24-bed NSICU as well as a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Team of 12 dedicated NSICU NP/PA’s providing24/7 coverage
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Over 1,000 neurological cases performed annually to include complex spine and brain tumor resections
- Over 1,500 annual admissions with stroke as primary diagnosis
- Nationally recognized by Becker’s Healthcare as a top 100 program for neurosurgery
Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Health System and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC217751 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]