Emergency Medicine - PA / NP - Valley Baptist Medical Center - Sign-On Bonus Available - 23563485
Seeking Experienced Emergency Medicine PA / NP.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- $10,000 sign-on bonus for clinicians with 2 years of EM experience
- ED Volume: 39,000
- Level II Trauma Center
- Provides emergency cardiac catheterization and stroke neuro-endovascular care
- Comprehensive stroke center
- Cardiac Center of Excellence
- Extensive specialty coverage including pediatrics
- ED Beds: 36
- Patients/Hour: 1.9
- Admission Rate: 24%
- Coverage: 8-12 hour shifts with 42 hours of physician coverage and 30 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Scribe coverage provided during peak volumes
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine required
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
- Provides emergency cardiac catheterization
Valley Baptist Medical Center has served South Texas with a faith-based mission for nearly 100 years.
- The 586-bed teaching hospital
- Lead trauma center in the region
- Only hospital in the area offering comprehensive stroke services, including advanced endovascular neurology procedures
- VBMC's expanded relationship with the Veterans Administration allows veterans to stay in the Valley, rather than travel to San Antonio, for most of their health care needs.
- ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers.
- NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED, meaning physicians have no APP charts to sign.
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
Harlingen, TX, is located just 30 miles from the Texas Gulf Coast and the popular beaches of South Padre Island. Harlingen is renowned for its larger-than-life-size murals that brighten the streets of downtown Harlingen and decorate the walls inside local businesses. Picturesque, palm-lined Jackson Street has served as Harlingen’s “main street” for more than a century, featuring family-friendly events including market days, walking tours, and family movie nights. In addition to birding, hunting, and fishing, outdoor activities include world-class golf at local country clubs and public golf courses - including but not limited to two 18-hole championship courses at Rancho Viejo Resort and a picturesque 18 hole course along the Laguna Madre Bay at the South Padre Island Golf Club.