CDU/Observation - PA / NP - Summa Health - Akron Campus - 23672219
Seeking Experienced Hospitalist PA/NP.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise. Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. As the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- 123 Average daily encounters; 15-20 per physician
- Seven-day physician coverage; one swing shift APP; one nocturnist per day
- Scheduling is seven days on; seven days off
- Teach Med Team several weeks per quarter
- The 635-bed hospital is the largest hospital in the region and 1,200 members of medical staff
- Level 1 Trauma Center, a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Certified Stroke Center. Awarded nursing's highest honor - Magnet recognition - by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States are recognized as Magnet
- Comprehensive Stroke Care Center and Thrombectomy Capable Center
- Psychiatric Hospital
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
Akron is ideally located, with quick access to major cities like Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh. More than 20 distinct neighborhoods are available to residents, and the city boasts a vital arts and culture scene with sites such as the Akron Art Museum, Akron Civic Theatre; additional attractions include Cuyahoga Valley National Park, local festivals and the Akron Zoo and annual event, the All-American Soap Box Derby.