Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Occupational Health - 5266/64 (23686508)
Hospital in the Boston area is seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in Occupational Health
Job Summary: Provide primary care and occupational health clinical services to site employees. The position is primarily clinical. You will work both independently and in collaboration with the medical director, administrative leaders, and nursing staff in the Clinic ensuring the delivery of high-quality patient care. Reports to the Associate Director of Occupational Health.
Shift: Monday - Friday 7:30am-4pm and Periodically, may be contacted for support after hours by phone; May be asked to support STIK pager after hours calls
Your day: Employee Health Management
- Provides triage for emergency injuries. Participates in developing, refining, and responding to the incident reporting process for workplace injuries and potential issues. Performs routine office procedures that are medically necessary (basic first aid, sprains, etc.).
- Evaluates, diagnoses, and treats work-related injuries and illnesses. Orders, interprets, and evaluates appropriate lab and diagnostic tests to assess employee health care needs.
- Evaluates outcome of employee care, makes necessary revision of care plans and arranges for follow-up. Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals to manage employee care.
- Performs physical examinations as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests as needed.
- Be part of the growth of the occupational health clinic, serving as a key resource for faculty and staff.
- Utilizes principles of case management to achieve best outcomes for faculty and staff in a cost-effective manner; acts a confidential liaison between the employee and providers to whom he/she is referred.
- Develops and implements medical surveillance programs for pre-employment and periodic health maintenance to manage health risks – including MMR, PPD, Hepatitis B virus, tetanus, and other immunizations and screenings. Ensures that specific assessments and immunizations align with employees’ roles. Performs pre-placement physical exams, as required, for various employee groups.
- Provides guidance regarding work restriction and/or job modification when necessary.
- Performs fitness-for-duty evaluations, including those for drug and alcohol use on the job or premises.
- 2+ years of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant experience in Occupational Health, ER and/or Critical care
- MA license and DEA for prescription writing privileges
- Current BLS and ACLS Certification
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (OHN) is desirable